2017 Spring Softball Information
Wednesday, January 4th – Wednesday, February 8th
https://www.activityreg.com/ClientPage_t1.wcs?clientid=HOMEWOOD&siteid=1 (or) click the image below
Register in person:
Homewood Community Center Business Office
(Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:30pm)
1632 Oxmoor Road
Homewood, Alabama 35209
Costs: $85 Homewood Residents / $170 Non-Homewood Residents
Age Divisions: 6 & Under / 8 & Under / 10 & Under / 12 & Under / 14 & Under
* Age groups are determined by the player’s age on December 31, 2016 for the Spring 2017 Season *
Evaluations will be held Sunday, February 12th
Teams will be divided by Coach Drafts, February 15th – 17th
First week of practice: February 20th
Contact Alissa Brock at:
205-332-6715 (or) firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Fall Softball – Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the league’s philosophy?
A: Our only purposes are to provide each player with the opportunity to learn the game, make new friends, and have fun in an atmosphere of friendly recreational competition.
Q: How often are practices?
A: Most teams will schedule 2 practices per week. The number of practices and days of practices are left up to the volunteer coach of each team.
Q: Do I have to make every practice?
A: The coaches ask that the girls to attend as many practices as possible in order to learn and develop in the game of softball. 8U-14U will be introduced to sliding, so pants are recommended for practice.
Q: What do I wear to practices?
A: Uniforms are not worn during practices. It is recommended that loose, comfortable, weather appropriate clothing be worn.
Q: How often are games during spring season?
A: Games will be on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, however, we do play with other cities and our schedule will reflect the availability of opponents. Home and away games are played with other communities unless an age division has enough participants to play in house games only (4 teams). Travel to games will be a must. Please plan according and please let your coach know if you will not be able to attend. Tournaments: If tournaments are available, each team will participate in 2 tournaments for the Spring Season. The Coach may choose to attend another if available.
Q: Can I use my own equipment?
A: You may use your own bat as long as it is approved for fast-pitch softball and every bat must have the USSSA thumbprint logo. Girls may use their own batting helmets as long as it has an attached facemask. Catchers may use their own equipment if they so desire. Please have your coach check it for condition. Players are responsible for providing their own glove and facemask, if desired.
Q: Do I need to get a uniform?
A: Girls are supplied with a jersey and visor. Girls are responsible for supplying pants, belts (optional), socks, and cleats/tennis shoes (non-metal cleats only). Most girls wear cleats although they are not required. Cleats from other sports (soccer, football) are acceptable.
Q: Where are our fields located at West Homewood Park?
A: Girls’ softball utilizes Fields 2, 5 & 6. Fields 2 & 5 are located at the lower portion of the complex on the right as you enter the main entrance off of West Oxmoor Road. Field 6 is at the upper set of fields behind the swimming pool.
Q: My daughter is going to miss a game/practice. Do I need to tell someone?
A: Common courtesy dictates you tell your team’s coach as far in advance as possible if your daughter is going to miss either a game or practice for any reason.
Q: Where are the rules we will be playing by?
A: Rules can be found on our website. We will be playing the USSSA rules. Rules are subject to change through the sanction. Please contact Alissa for questions regarding rules.
Alissa Brock at 332-6715 (or) email@example.com
Homewood Girls Softball practices and plays home games at West Homewood Park. For more information about West Homewood Park click the following image:
West Homewood Park Rules
• For medical emergencies and criminal activity, call 911 immediately! West Homewood Park is located at 121 West Oxmoor Road, Homewood, Alabama 35209.
• All practices, games, camps, and training sessions must be authorized by Homewood Parks & Recreation Board (HPRB).
• Athletic fields close at dusk. Public use areas close at 10:00pm unless otherwise permitted by HPRB.
• No private instruction or classes are allowed unless approved by HPRB.
• Athletic facilities are closed for usage when gates are locked. The fields will be occasionally closed for maintenance and at times as weather dictates.
• Baseball and softball fields are closed for use when they are prepared for games. Teams scheduled for games may enter fields no earlier than 30 minutes prior to scheduled games.
• Smoking, alcoholic beverages, golf, archery, profanity, open fires, and fireworks are prohibited.
• Parking and unloading in designated areas only. Motorized vehicles are not allowed in the park.
• Do not swing, climb, or hang from nets or fences.
• Place litter in trash containers.
• No pets allowed inside fenced areas. All pets outside fenced areas must be on a leash at all times. Please clean up after your pets.
• Programs and patrons that reserve/permit pavilions receive priority use. For more information about pavilion rental, contact HPRB at (205) 332-6700 during regular business hours.
• Groups of 7 or more individuals are required to obtain a rental permit for pavilion usage.
• Fires may be built in grills only. Grills brought to rented pavilions must be propane.
• Please keep music and amplified sound at a low level unless otherwise permitted by HPRB.
• Any activity or action deemed inappropriate for a public use family area will not be tolerated!
• Report maintenance concerns to HPRB at (205) 332-6700.