West Homewood Park is the largest multi-use facility within the Homewood Parks & Recreation Board. Primary use of the facility are youth baseball, youth softball, adult softball, tennis and other sports activities. The facility has 9 fields used for baseball /softball and one large multi purpose field used primarily for soccer and lacrosse. Also located in the park are two picnic pavilions, a playground, eight tennis courts and a public swimming pool for summer use.
West Homewood Park Rules
• For medical emergencies and criminal activity, call 911 immediately! West Homewood Park is located at 121 West Oxmoor Road, Homewood, Alabama 35209.
• All practices, games, camps, and training sessions must be authorized by Homewood Parks & Recreation Board (HPRB).
• Athletic fields close at dusk. Public use areas close at 10:00pm unless otherwise permitted by HPRB.
• No private instruction or classes are allowed unless approved by HPRB.
• Athletic facilities are closed for usage when gates are locked. The fields will be occasionally closed for maintenance and at times as weather dictates.
• Baseball and softball fields are closed for use when they are prepared for games. Teams scheduled for games may enter fields no earlier than 30 minutes prior to scheduled games.
• Smoking, alcoholic beverages, golf, archery, profanity, open fires, and fireworks are prohibited.
• Parking and unloading in designated areas only. Motorized vehicles are not allowed in the park.
• Do not swing, climb, or hang from nets or fences.
• Place litter in trash containers.
• No pets allowed inside fenced areas. All pets outside fenced areas must be on a leash at all times. Please clean up after your pets.
• Programs and patrons that reserve/permit pavilions receive priority use. For more information about pavilion rental, contact HPRB at (205) 332-6700 during regular business hours.
• Groups of 7 or more individuals are required to obtain a rental permit for pavilion usage.
• Fires may be built in grills only. Grills brought to rented pavilions must be propane.
• Please keep music and amplified sound at a low level unless otherwise permitted by HPRB.
• Any activity or action deemed inappropriate for a public use family area will not be tolerated!
• Report maintenance concerns to HPRB at (205) 332-6700.
For additional information:
Homewood Parks athletics contact Jakob Stephens, Athletic Coordinator:
(205) 332-6709 (or) firstname.lastname@example.org
For West Homewood Park pavilion rentals contact Homewood Parks business office: