DanceFit with Galina (45min) followed by Tai Chi mini class (15min) on Tuesdays @ 2:15pm
40 – 45 minutes of total body workout that has been designed for active older adults and is a combination of all elements of fitness :
– cardio exercises, based on international dance aerobics;
– low to moderate intensity muscle conditioning & functional strength exercises;
– balance & range of motion exercises;
– coordination & flexibility exercises.
The class is fun, easy flowing, and is done to music from various genres. The movements can be tailored for different fitness & functional levels.
DanceFit is followed by a 15-20 minute review/practice of Tai Chi.
The 15 minute Tai Chi session serves as:
– a cool down after Dance Fit
– an opportunity for review for seniors currently in the Thursday class
– an introduction to Tai Chi for those interested in joining the Thursday Tai Chi class.